WEST CHESTER, PA — With the start of flu season almost underway, the Chester County Health Department is offering flu vaccinations at schools and community locations from September through November. Clinics are open to the entire community without an appointment.
The Chester County Health Department recommends annual flu vaccines for everyone aged six months and older. “Because the weather is still warm, it is hard to believe that it is already the time of year to think about flu vaccinations,” said Jeanne Casner, Director of the Chester County Health Department. “Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death, and the best defense we have is getting vaccinated.”
“Everyone who takes the time to get the flu vaccine will be protecting themselves, their families and their neighbors, and I thank them in advance for ensuring that protection,’ adds Casner.
The Health Department will have flu vaccine available for people as young as six months old, and special high-dose vaccine for seniors. People with private health insurance should bring their insurance card for billing. The flu vaccine will be available at no charge to children with State Medical Insurance and for all people who do not have health insurance.
The following are the dates and times of school and community flu vaccine clinics:
- 9/26/2019 Great Valley Middle School 225 N Phoenixville Pike, Malvern 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 10/3/2019 Unionville High School 750 Unionville Rd, Kennett Square 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 10/4/2019 Oxford Union Fire Company #1 315 Market Street, Oxford 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 10/7/2019 Fugett Middle School 500 Ellis La, West Chester 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 10/10/2019 Kennett High School 100 E South St, Kennett Square 2:30 p.m.to 6:30 p.m.
- 10/14/2019 Octorara Senior High School 226 Highland Rd, Atglen 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 10/17/2019 Gordon Early Literacy Center 315 Kersey Street, Coatesville 3:00 p.m.to 6:00 p.m.
- 10/21/2019 Owen J Roberts Middle School 881 Ridge Road, Pottstown 3:00 p.m.to 6:30 p.m.
- 10/24/2019 Fred S Engle Middle School 107 School House Road, West Grove 2:30 p.m.to 6:30 p.m.
- 10/26/2019 Phoenixville Hospital Fall Festival 140 Nutt Road, Phoenixville 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 11/4/2019 Tredyffrin/Easttown School District Administration Bldg. West Valley Business Center, 940 West Valley Road, Wayne 3:00 p.m.to 6:00 p.m.
Flu vaccines are also available by appointment at the Chester County Health Department, at 601 Westtown Road in West Chester.
For more information about the flu, flu vaccine clinics, or to schedule an appointment at the Chester County Health Department, visit chesco.org/flu or call 610-344-6252.
Source: County of Chester, 313 West Market Street, West Chester PA 19380